1. Weight training tones your muscles, which looks great and raises your basal metabolism…which causes you to burn more calories 24 hours a day. You’ll even burn more calories while you’re sleeping.
2. Weight training can reverse the natural decline in your metabolism, which begins around age 30.
3. Weight training energizes you.
4. Weight training has a positive effect on almost all of your 650-plus muscles.
5. Weight training strengthens your bones reducing your risk of developing osteoporosis.
6. Weight training improves your muscular endurance.
7. Weight training will NOT develop big muscles on women…just toned muscles!
8. Weight training makes you strong. Strength gives you confidence and makes daily activities easier.
9. Weight training when done correctly makes you less prone to lower-back injuries
10. Weight training decreases your resting blood pressure.
11. Weight training decreases your risk of developing adult onset diabetes.
12. Weight training decreases your gastrointestinal transit time, reducing your risk for developing colon cancer.
13. Weight training increases your blood level of HDL cholesterol (the good type).
14. Weight training improves your posture.
15. Weight training improves the functioning of your immune system.
16. Weight training lowers your resting heart rate, a sign of a more efficient heart.
17. Weight training improves your balance and coordination.
18. Weight training elevates your mood, reduces daily stress and just makes you feel better.
Have a question? Ask a fitness professional: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit The Fitness Underground-Los Angeles: http://www.thefitnessunderground.com
All the information presented on The Fitness Underground website is for educational and resource purposes only. It is there to help you make informed decisions about fitness training. It is NOT a substitute for or an addition to any advice given to you by your physician.
Always seek the advice of your physician before beginning any new nutrition or exercise program, or if you have any questions regarding a medical condition. You should not disregard medical advice, or delay seeking medical advice, because of something you read in this site. You are solely responsible for the way information on the The Fitness Underground website is perceived and utilized and you do so at your own risk.
In no way will The Fitness Underground or anyone associated with The Fitness Underground be held responsible for any injuries or problems that may occur due to the use of this website or the advice contained within. The Fitness Underground will not be held responsible for the conduct of any companies and websites recommended within this site.