GET YOUR BOOTY FIRM AND FABULOUS / PART 1
Ladies, with summer just around the corner it’s time for you to start thinking about those revealing summer outfits and those “show all–tell all” swimsuits. This year stop thinking about how you are going to cover it up… and get your butt in motion. “Make It- Don’t Fake It” this summer season! If you get serious and start now, it’s not too late to see some improvement by the time the temperatures rise and the layers come off.
First off, forget about those totally ridiculous and totally un-effective Shape Up shoes, don’t you think if it was really that easy, that everyone would have that perfect tail?
Also forget about all that bogus and costly fitness equipment that promises you the world and delivers nothing. When it comes to shaping up and firming up that butt, it’s really best to just stick to the basics. Trust in exercises that are time tested and proven to be effective.
So let’s get our sweat on and get that booty of yours firmed and fabulous for fun under the sun! Here are a few key exercises to help you look your best from behind…!
Dumbbell Lunge (Weight: Moderate / 3-5 sets / 15-25 reps)
- Stand with your feet together and your knees slightly bent, holding a dumbbell in each hand.
- Keeping your back straight and your hips facing forward (and level), step one leg forward 24-36 inches, then bend that knee to 90 degrees, so that you are in an exaggerated stride position with your both knees bent. * (make sure your front knee is not past your toes – this is very important!)
- Pause, then push up from your heel and back to the starting position. Alternate legs until you have completed the required number of reps on both legs. * (make sure your core is engaged throughout the entire movement)
Dumbbell Chalice Squat (Weight: Moderate to Heavy / 3-5 sets / 20-25 reps)
- Stand upright with your feet about shoulder-width apart and toes pointed straight ahead. (If you have any knee problem, it’s ok to have your toes pointed slightly outward, but not too much). Grab a single dumbbell with both hands and hold the dumbbell about 5 to 6 inches under your chin with the weight against your chest.
- Keeping your head looking forward, your neck in a neutral position and your back straight, bend your knees and stick your button out until the back on your thighs are no more than parallel to the floor. Make sure your knees are in line with your toes and that your knees are not past you toes. * (Imagine sitting back into a chair, until you are comfortable with the proper form, you might want to have a chair behind you as a guide, sit back into the chair but don’t let your butt sit on it, keep your butt about 3 inches from the chair)
- Pause and tip your hips forward (like a pelvic thrust) as you drive up with your legs (keep feet totally flat on the floor). Pause at the top of the movement, then repeat until you have completed the require sets.
Swiss Ball Hamstring Curl (3-4 sets / 15-25 reps)
This exercise combines a lower-back stability exercise (the Swiss ball bridge), with a very targeted hamstring exercise. Take care to keep your thighs, hips and spine in line throughout the exercise.
- Lie on your back with your arms by your sides and your heels up on the Swiss ball.
- Lift your hips and back off the floor until you are resting on your head and shoulders only.
- Hold that position for ten seconds, then roll the ball towards you as you pull it in, rolling through your heels onto the soles of your feet, lifting your hips even higher into the air.
The Classic Step Up ( 3-4 sets / 20-30 reps)
A favorite of many fitness trainer’s and the beauty of this exercise is that it requires so little equipment. While a sturdy bench or high aerobics step (at least a foot high) is ideal, you can do it by simply climbing stairs slowly, two at a time. At our outdoor Fitness Boot Camps at the beach, we use heavy-duty utility buckets turned upside down, it works out great. (you can buy at a hardware store like Home Depot for about a buck or two.)
- Standing facing the bench or knee high step, with one foot fully on the step an the other on the floor.
- Slowly push yourself up by straightening the bent leg so that your other foot comes off the floor until it is level with the edge of the step.
- Pause and regain your balance, then lower yourself to the starting position. Complete all the reps for on leg, then switch legs and repeat.
* To add to this classic exercise – use a moderate to heavy dumbbells held to your sides.
Walking Sumo Squat ( 3-4 sets / 20-25 reps)
Step your feet two or three times your shoulder-widths apart and turn your feet out 45 degrees.
- Take a step to the side and slowly squat down, bending at the knees and hips until your hamstrings are close to and parallel with the floor as possible.
- Pause, tip your hips forward a bit and squeeze your glutes together to slowly straighten your legs.
- Take your next step and repeat. (keep your core engaged throughout the entire movement, watch that your knees are not going out over your toes, sit back!)
* To add to this exercise – use moderate weight dumbbells held to your sides.
MORE BUTT BUSTING EXERCISES COMING YOUR WAY IN PART 2!!!
“We’re changing our client’s lives – Give us an opportunity to change your’s. Join us and start moving in a healthier direction”.
Have a question? Ask a Health & Fitness Professional: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit THE FITNESS UNDERGROUND-LOS ANGELES: http://www.thefitnessunderground.com
GET FIT, STAY WELL AND THRIVE IN 2011
A YEAR FROM NOW YOU MAY WISH YOU STARTED TODAY!
The Fitness Underground-Los Angeles c.2011