Eat Healthy & Thrive:Black Bean & Chipotle Tostadas with Crème Fraîche
If you love breakfast burritos or huevos rancheros, you’ll love this tostada with seasoned black beans on crispy tortillas with scrambled eggs on top. Pass salsa or hot sauce to go with it.
Active Time: 30 minutes
* 8 5- to 6-inch corn tortillas * Canola oil cooking spray * 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil * 1/4 cup sliced garlic * 2 cups cooked or canned, rinsed black beans (see Tip) * 1/2 cup water * 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided * 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper, plus more for garnish * 6 large eggs * 2 large egg whites * 1/4 cup low-fat milk * 1/4 cup finely chopped white onion * 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro * 3 tablespoons crème fraîche or sour cream
1. Position racks in upper and lower thirds of oven; preheat to 375°F.
2. Coat tortillas on both sides with cooking spray. Place on 2 baking sheets. Bake, turning once, until light brown, 12 to 14 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until just beginning to brown, about 1 minute. Add beans, water and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and chipotle. Mash the mixture with a potato masher or large fork to the consistency of a chunky puree. Cover to keep warm and set aside.
4. Beat eggs, egg whites and milk in a large bowl. Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Add the egg mixture and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and cook, folding and stirring frequently with a heatproof rubber spatula, until almost set, 2 to 3 minutes.
5. To assemble tostadas, spread each tortilla with about 1/4 cup bean mixture. Top each with 1/4 cup scrambled eggs and sprinkle with chipotle pepper, if desired. Serve garnished with onion, cilantro and a small dollop of crème fraîche (or sour cream).
Per serving: 489 calories; 23 g fat ( 4 g sat , 11 g mono ); 280 mg cholesterol; 48 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 23 g protein; 11 g fiber; 462 mg sodium; 607 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Folate (43% daily value), Magnesium (28% dv), Iron (22% dv), Zinc (19% dv), Potassium (18% dv).
“We’re changing our client’s lives – Give us an opportunity to change your’s. Join us and start moving in a healthier direction”.
Have a question? Ask a Health & Fitness Professional: email@example.com
Visit THE FITNESS UNDERGROUND-LOS ANGELES: http://www.thefitnessunderground.com
Visit EAT HEALTHY AND THRIVE: http://www.eathealthyandthrive.com
GET FIT, STAY WELL AND THRIVE IN 2012
A YEAR FROM NOW YOU MAY WISH YOU STARTED TODAY!
The Fitness Underground-Los Angeles c.2012 _______________________________________
PICK UP A COPY OF OUR NEW RELEASE!!!
* * Boost Your Metabolism by Markus & Texas Boesch * *
“Learn how to increase your metabolism and burn calories like never before.”
Print Version & Ebook – Available At: LuLu.com / Barnes & Noble / Itunes / Amazon / The Fitness Underground Website
BUY NOW HERE: http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Texasb